6/9/14

ANOTHER WEDDING AND A COLOR QUESTION...


I'm in full wedding mode again....
Preparing for this lovely bride's day in Dallas, Texas.  
My third wedding in Dallas...
Adorable, right?

We have been having so much fun planning long distance, 
and are getting all the little charming details in place...
Our inspiration is English Country Garden - so an outdoor venue - their spacious backyard...  
So jealous of all their space - large enough for a tent and a dance floor and more.

I love planning weddings, 
designing weddings, 
creating florals, 
setting it up 
and watching it all come together - 
(and then collapsing in exhaustion)

okay, don't love that part  

Weddings are a lot of work and it all comes down to the last couple of days 
of non-stop florals and decorating.  
Those last 2-3 days are labor intensive - 
sometimes getting by on just a few hours sleep to make sure all the details are finished, 
but sooo worth it.

Here are some of our inspiration photos - 
can't wait to show you the real thing when its all done...











QUESTION FROM A READER

I love the Benjamin Moore elephant tusk for trim and on the bottom of the living room wall as pictured here.

What I dislike is my big mistake of Santorini blue!!  Do you have any suggestions as to what I should use for the top part to go with elephant tusk?  I'd like to stay neutral..unless you feel there is a blue gray that would go with it... I just don't want to feel like I'm swimming in the Mediterranean, as beautiful as it is in person!  I would then try to stay neutral with sofa and chairs and use color in accents.  Thank you for any suggestions.  Maurita O'Connor

Maurita,
You have such a huge array of neutral colors to choose from.  Without seeing anything else in your home such as furniture, rugs or other colors or accents, I would have trouble recommending a wall color.  Nearly everything would go with Elephant Tusk.  If I take a cue from where you were going with the blue color - or a gray with a blue to blue/green undertone - you might try one of these in the third column - all Benjamin Moore.  All of these colors will give you a more sophisticated, less baby boy room look.



via
GRAY OWL (Benjamin Moore)
If you would like a gray with a beige or green undertone - these are beautiful colors.  For beige undertone, try the first two columns, all Benjamin Moore.


via
CAMOUFLAGE (Benjamin Moore)



via
CAMOUFLAGE (Benjamin Moore)


GRASSLAND (Sherwin Williams)

I hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...