2/18/16

GARDEN SEASON!


I am redesigning the backyard.
I'm not really ready to get started gardening, but The Hubs is chomping at the bit to get at it.  
He spent two days over Presidents Weekend putting in 4 new rose bushes for me, including these two gorgeous specimens. 
Abraham Darby

Classic Woman
That's true love for you.  
The soil here is clay and chock full of boulders, 
but he managed to get the proper sized holes dug and these beauties planted.
 I can't wait to bring the blooms into the house - grow, grow, grow!

For him, it is relaxing and fulfilling.  For me, time consuming.

I do love a beautiful garden, and ours right now is a bit on the rough side.
Its a cross between overgrown/neglected and dying, 
thanks to our remodel/construction and the drought
.. and I'm looking for more of a cross between English Cottage Garden and Downton Abbey.

In other words, the free flowing feeling of a cottage garden,
with a little more order and structure
and a lot less work

So, to the internet I went to research English gardens 
and found this website called Pictures of England
The Cotswolds was the logical place to look for an English country garden.
It is, after all, the English countryside. 
Now England is calling me again.
After you see these photos, it will be calling you, too.

It would be rude not to answer....












-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTIONS FROM READERS

I'm looking for a paint color for second floor hallway. Wall to wall carpet is navy blue. Wood trim and built in wood linen closet is Benjamin Moore white wing. I'd like a color that would be good so we hang pictures on the wall.

Right now walls are white wing. There is no exterior light to the hallway, just painted white wing paneled 1900 doors to bedrooms and bathroom.

Regards,
Jan | 

Hi Jan,

I'm thinking a soft greige (beige with gray undertone - or gray with beige undertone...), not too dark, but enough of a color to pop against the white woodwork.  

Try Edgecomb Gray BM 

or Sea Salt BM.  



You could also look at Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige - less gray, but goes with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highly intelligent comments from amazing readers...

WHAT DID YOU MISS?

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...